This is something that I came up with around May, 2003. Quite a few applications have come up since then, most notably JAlbum, which is a very nice realization of what I had in mind.
- Simple user interface for data entry for each album.
- Synchronization with FotoFriend (for album information)
- Auto-identification of images in directories.
- Organization based on directory structure.
- Image resizing based on screen size.
- Vertical and horizontal image support.
- Web page generation based on XSLT.
- CSS based colors for web pages.
- Save image data in each directory in XML format.
- Index view of each directory.
- Navigation of directories.
- Navigation inside the web page.